Changing times

Night times or early morning hours are the best times in the day. It’s the only time when I have the whole house to myself with no one to nag and no one to order me around. Except for the high infiltration of mosquitoes at these times, I love it. It’s just me, my music, my very personal computer and the internet and probably some munchies. Kishore Kumar is on and he almost always makes my day, I’ll never really know what it is about him that sets him apart. Anyway right now it’s playing Ae kaash ke hum hosh me ab aane na paayen sung by Kumar Sanu from the film Kabhi haan kabhi na and nostalgia is setting in. Shikha and I almost always liked the same kind of music and the same kind of books. We would fall in love with a song and play it thirty times a day, two days at a stretch until we got sick of listening to it and this one would feature in all our saved playlists. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times and it was a crazy time. I still remember dancing at night for no reason at all and celebrating with a packet of Maggi at 2 in the night and on days when we got a little more dildaar, a packet of lays got added to the menu. Fighting over nonsensical things, I sometimes wonder if we fought just for the heck of it, no care in the world, no fears, no responsibilities and certainly no inhibitions. As I look back now, I wish I could turn back time, and I swear I would give anything to be back there with the same people. But times have changed, and so much so that at times I wonder if I have been able to keep pace. I sometimes and very often think that I stayed back; I stayed back in school when I joined college and I haven’t still moved on after college. It’s high time now. It’s been two years since college got over and I am still there. Sometimes it makes me sad and sometimes I am happy but things will never be the same. They might just get better, you never know but yeah for now those 4 years in college were some of my best days. In the middle of all this I just realized that changing times have in fact changed me too without me realizing it. I don’t remember the last time I was happy without a reason in the past 2 years or the last time I danced as if no one was watching or lost it completely and laughed until my stomach ached, for apparently no reason at all. Now I am frequently worried, restless and sad for no apparent reason, I guess that’s whats called ‘growing up’.
Crushes, first love, heart breaks, gossips, low attendance, flunking exams, ragging, breaking hostel rules, dancing on the tables in the mess et al - Ah bliss!
Seriously Ae kaash ke hum hosh me ab aane na paayen!


Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

2 comments:

    yes, those were the best days of our lives:-)...nice post, made me miss those lovely days, made me miss u badly ..those fightings, stupid dance and the repeatedly played songs............

    @ shikha singh
    yes....those were the days my friend :)