Speaking Straight!

While in the last 5 years the world got rid of small planets, we on the other hand are still are dealing with "BIG" problems of gay rights in the world's largest democracy!
Anyways in yet another discussion regarding gay rights recently, this time around a friend, also a LGBT activist, during our conversation said "A straight guy, rapes a girl in India and is asked to marry her, but a consensual homosexual relationship is a criminal act!!!".
I said, "I know Delhi has been very active but isn't the queer community in Hyderabad doing something about it?".
She was taken aback and immediately snapped at me for being so hypocritical and I looked at her, smiled and said "You are only queer as long as I am straight".
And that was my only contribution to this movement, since my chronic laziness doesn't allow me to do anything else. Nevertheless I know that at-least the LGBT community in Hyderabad will not be calling me straight anymore and I am glad. It sort of had a wrong ring to it, like something dead not natural, no? :)

0 comments: